Welcome!

Welcome to my scrapbook... I place where I pen down those thoughts which I rarely discuss with anybody...

This blog is meant for me to lodge in my random thoughts... These thoughts mostly some association with something going around me... Some are inspirations... Most will be dark... I dunno if anyone ever would be interested in reading them...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Yes, We've got ourselves a great HRD minister.

"I want to get rid of coaching classes by 2011." ~ Kapil Sibal

Kapil Sahab, I really appreciate your sense of humor! With all due respect, I understand that your statement is simply meant to lighten up everyone's mood in this festive season, when more than half of the country's major sweets manufacturing centers are being raided for adulteration in their stuff.

Did you know that such a statement can jeopardise your vote bank? Do you not see how attached are parents and students to them? Or do you simply think that Coaching Classes as an autonomy are a blot on the education system and hence the futile statement? I wonder what ran through your mind, But let me give you a glimpse of what kind of relationship the society and coaching classes share... Firstly, if you haven't realised Coaching Classes are a byproduct of the flaws in the education system itself.

Recall how many students committed suicide in your days when they flunked or even scored less marks leaving them ineligible for admissions at pretigious institutions? Almost none? Why? Didn't the students then didn't want to make a good name for themselves and their families? So why has suddenly every parent been gripped by the mania of making their child stand in the line of toppers and rankers? The competition Kapil Sahab, the competition.

No comments:

Followers